I am a strong believer in whole, natural and unprocessed foods. Just think of the Bible and the eating plan God had for us when he created the world. He gave Adam dominion over all the animals of the air, land and sea, providing us with lean meats, seafood and a dairy source, as well as placing Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden with an abundance of produce. In my opinion, that is the greatest diet in the world! We thrive on whole grains, fruits, vegetables, lean meats, poultry and seafood, which is exactly what God gave us in the first place! This snack consists of all natural ingredients and is not only tasty, but also full of fiber, making it a filling and sustainable energy source that won’t leave you feeling deprived.
Makes 4 (½ cup) servings
- 1.5 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1-2 Tbsp. honey
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ cup whole natural sliced almonds
Preheat oven to 350. Place blueberries in a small, oven-safe dish. Drizzle honey on top of blueberries. Distribute coconut flakes evenly on top. Repeat with sliced almonds. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until coconut and almonds are lightly toasted and blueberries are warm and bubbly.
- Prepare ½ cup quick oats in the microwave. Stir in ½ scoop whey protein powder and 1 serving of blueberry bake for blueberry & cream oats.
- Top ¾ cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt with 1 serving blueberry bake and ½ sliced banana for a lower carbohydrate parfait.
- Serve ½ cup blueberry bake on Banana Soft Serve ice cream
- Lastly, feel free to enjoy blueberry bake all by itself!